You spend at least four minutes with your toothbrush every single day, maybe more! All told, the time you spend with your toothbrush has an important impact on your oral health, and your health as a whole. You want to make sure you’ve got the best tools in your toolbox to maintain your sparkling smile.
Why Choose Electric?
Electric toothbrushes have been a life-changing tool for many of our patients. While the notion that electric toothbrushes are better than manual toothbrushes is not conclusive, there are many benefits to choosing an electric toothbrush that might sway you to add it to your routine, if you’re not already using one.
- Ease of Use. The beauty of an electric toothbrush is that it does most of the scrubbing work for you. Depending on the model, the brush may rotate, vibrate, or oscillate, or some combination of these options. That means you simply must guide the brush around the mouth. This can be especially beneficial for people with mobility and dexterity limitations.
- Special Features. Many electric toothbrushes on the market offer extra features, including a built in timer and a pressure sensor, which keeps the user from brushing too hard.
- Fun. Many users find that using an electric toothbrush is enjoyable. It takes some of the monotony out of this essential, everyday task. It can even be the secret to getting kids excited about brushing.
Stick with Standard
Most dentists agree that manual toothbrushes work just as well as the electric version. Here’s why some patients decide to forgo the bells and whistles:
- Price Point. Traditional toothbrushes are cheap, and can be found for just a few bucks, and sometimes you can even score a toothbrush for free! Just remember, you must swap it out for a new one after three months.
- Portable. Manual toothbrushes are much less bulky, and they don’t require batteries or a charge, making them an easy option for anyone on the go. Plus, you can buy a plain old toothbrush just about anywhere.
We’re Here to Offer Advice
Here at Michael Giovannini DDS, we’re proud to offer our expertise and professional advice to our valued patients. If you have questions about the products that can best round out your dental routine, we’re here to help. Give us a call, or pick our brains at your next bi-annual appointment.