Dental Veneers in Palmdale,
Dental veneers are our specialty here. Palmdale dentist Dr. Giovannini has been performing cosmetic dental care for years, particularly dental veneers. His focus is on helping you achieve the smile of your dreams, whatever your situation.
Dental Veneers Procedure
Dental veneers are thin casings that are custom-made to fit over an individual tooth to improve appearance, health, and function. They are designed with quality porcelain for longevity, and they are made to match the shade of your smile.
The dental veneers procedure begins with Dr. Giovannini applying a local anesthetic to the treatment area and then preparing your teeth. This entails shaping and trimming the enamel for the veneers to fit on top of. Afterwards, he will take impressions of your teeth to send to an outside dental lab. The lab will create your custom veneers and send them back to us. In the final step of the procedure, we’ll bond the veneers to your teeth and adjust their fit as necessary.
Dental Veneer FAQs
If you aren’t sure whether veneers can improve your smile the way you’d like, come visit our office to talk with Dr. Giovannini about treatment options. We’ll do an oral exam and talk about your cosmetic goals before making a recommendation for treatment.
Are Dental Veneers Right for Me?
Since veneers are completely customizable, they can be tailored to the needs of many different patients. Because of the nature of the procedure, however, it is important that patients receiving veneers have overall good dental health. If you’re not sure if you’re a good candidate for veneers, come in for your dental exam and Dr. Giovannini can let you know what your options are for cosmetically improving your smile.
How Can Veneers Give Me a Smile Makeover?
Many celebrities have veneers to thank for their picture-perfect smiles. They’re a popular solution for patients wanting a complete smile makeover. Dental veneers are often used for the following:
- Close gaps between teeth
- Lengthen short or uneven teeth
- Repair cracks and chips
- Cover discolored or stained teeth
- Hide worn enamel
- Reshape uneven teeth
- Straighten overlapping teeth
- Protect damaged teeth from sensitivity
How Do I Take Care of My Veneers?
Take care of your veneers as you would your regular teeth! Immediately after placement, you should avoid hard foods for a few days, but you can eat, drink, speak, and brush normally after that. Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant so you don’t have to worry about any food restrictions. We recommend using nonabrasive toothpaste. And don’t forget to come in for your biannual dental check-ups with your dentist in Palmdale!
Are Veneers Permanent?
Since getting dental veneers requires removing some tooth enamel, the procedure is a permanent one. That being said, they will last around 10 to 15 years with the proper care. To make sure your veneers remain in their best possible condition, avoid biting down on hard foods like ice and wear a mouthguard while playing sports or at night if you grind your teeth.
How Much Do Veneers Cost?
The cost of veneers depends mainly on what material they’re being made out of and how many teeth are being treated. For example, porcelain veneers are typically more expensive than composite resin veneers. If you are getting veneers are our dental office, you can expect a cost estimate for your personal procedure after your initial consultation and before your treatment begins.
Will My Insurance Cover the Cost of Dental Veneers?
Typically, this varies by insurance provider. Most insurance plans don’t cover the full cost of cosmetic treatments, but some will cover part of the cost. For more information, ask us about billing up front with your insurance information, or contact your dental insurance provider.
The Pros & Cons of Veneers
- Transform Smiles — You can create and design the look, shape, size, color, and overall appearance of your teeth.
- Permanent Option— Since they’re a permanent cosmetic procedure, you don’t have to stress about your new and improved smile fading in a few months.
- Fix Mild Tooth Misalignment — Instead of opting for braces, veneers can camouflage slightly crooked or gapped teeth.
- Stain Resistant & Durable — The porcelain shells are more resistant to staining from foods and drinks compared to natural teeth. They can also last up to 20 years before the shells need replacement.
- Easy to Maintain — You can treat your veneers just like your natural teeth. Eat, brush, and floss your veneers as you would your other teeth.
- Price — While veneers offer a full suite of benefits and improve your smile’s appearance, they are one of the more pricey cosmetic procedures. However, many dentists accept financing and payment options to help you achieve your dream smile.
- Irreversible Process — While the permanence of the procedure is a pro, it can also be a con if patients are not seeking a permanent solution to their cosmetic imperfections. However, there are a variety of other options if permanence is not what you’re looking for such as teeth whitening or dental crowns.
- Not Ideal for Every Patient — Veneers may not be right for patients with decayed or weakened teeth. Porcelain veneers need to adhere to healthy teeth. Schedule a smile consultation with our Palmdale dentist to see if veneers are a good option for your dental needs.